When is Data Migration necessary?
There are lots of reasons why the need for data migration can arise, whether:
- You’re modernising your legacy system and need the data migrated from the old system over to the new one.
- Your data needs to be synchronised between the old legacy system and new system so that a side-by-side system rollout can occur.
- You’ve got a new business application and want to integrate the data from an older application.
- You’ve acquired a new subsidiary, or you’re merging and you need data to be moved from many systems on to one.
- You’re moving your IT platforms to the cloud to help scalability and require data and application migration.
- You’re moving data from an existing server to a new or existing storage system, or you’re consolidating data centrally.